About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Obstacle Course

 So far 50 feels fine. To be completely honest, I'm glad that the obligatory celebration period has passed. There is a lot of pressure to choreograph the 'perfect' golden celebration. In our family, celebrations extend to going to hibachi for dinner and enjoying the confection of your choice for dessert. 

With 50 in the rear view mirror, I'm looking ahead to this weekend. On Thursday Robby and I head to New Orleans. He is being recognized as the Virginia recipient of the Billy Michel Leadership Award and we are being flown to the National World War II Museum for the reception. Needless to say, we are both excited!

Our days in New Orleans are going to be busy so I'm trying to baby my limb as much as possible. The last thing I need is another prosthetic issue! I'm already fretting about the sudden heat that my limb is going to experience when we land in Louisiana but I'm hoping that my safeguards will help to keep me mobile. This weekend is going to be the first test of my summer suspension system and I know that failures are probable. In the worst case scenario, the best I can do is arm myself with supplies and keep working until I find comfort. 

Today we are busy with school and work. Timmy is thoroughly enjoying Spirit Week at school, although yesterday's track and field day was a bit of a bummer with his broken arm. Thankfully Friend volunteered to save the day by running the obstacle course for Timmy.  (I am not sure who had more fun, Timmy or Friend.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment