About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 20, 2024

Big Weekend

This past weekend we celebrated several lasts and a few firsts. On Friday Robby had his final class at his enrichment school. I still can't believe that this season has come to an end! I have been driving that route, sometimes twice a week, for six years. I won't miss the traffic, but I will miss the time in the car with Robby. I'm grateful that I was able to snap a quick pic with Robby and his teacher before he left for the final time. 

Sunday was spent rocking out to Robby's final performance while celebrating my 50th birthday. I had a nice birthday. My Mom came down and took us out for Hibachi (a family favorite) before we went to Robby's band performance. Because of the weather the show was condensed, causing a few songs to be cut from the list. I was disappointed to not see all of the songs, but I'm glad we were able to rock on my birthday.

After the show everybody was tired and, because nobody would make a decision, I chose to order DoorDash from Five Guys for dinner. I suppose the benefit of ordering dinner for myself on my birthday is not caring what anybody else wanted to eat. The day was relatively quiet but very nice. 

That being said, I'm glad it is over.






No comments:

Post a Comment