About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Advocacy

 Due to roommate and housing blunders of an epic proportion, today Robby and I will head to campus to try to sort everything out in person. I don't know why these mix-ups always seems to happen to our family. I realize that I am stressed and that my emotions are running high because I feel like raging which would not help anything. I am frustrated and angry that we have to navigate other people's mistakes during the week before move-in day. At this point, he doesn't even have anywhere to move into and the flubs and mistakes made through the university administration process have not instilled confidence.

It is probably a good thing that Robby will be forced to advocate for himself today. Through all of the orientations the message to parents was clear: on campus, the students lead all charges. I can't overtly fight for him, but I can sure as hell make sure he knows what to say and how to say it! Robby has spent his life watching advocacy in action, but today is really the first time he is going to be putting the skills to work for himself. 

Fingers crossed we raised him well.


No comments:

Post a Comment