About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 16, 2024

Excited

 Robby did a phenomenal job advocating for his housing arrangement. Although it was a frustrating situation, he remained both calm and kind. He stayed resolute and made himself heard which was a feat because he was actively being dismissed. Although the situation did not completely rectify, he does have a room assignment and we are proceeding with moving in tomorrow.

Yikes! I cannot believe that my sweet little Koopa is moving into his college dorm tomorrow. Wasn't I just scaling over bushes to spy on him after I dropped him off for kindergarten? I'm not sure how or when it happened, but somehow over the years my kiddo grew up.

The excitement level is high in our house. Plastic tubs and boxes are packed and piled in the corner of the dining room, waiting to be put into our rented van today. Tomorrow morning we head to Shepherd and move Robby into his dorm room. 

I'm choosing to focus on the excitement. When I look at the totality of this change I become emotional and overwhelmed, which would not benefit anybody. When I think about him leaving, my heart shatters. But when I concentrate on the adventures that he will experience, I feel excited for him. 

I'm choosing excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment