About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, August 12, 2024

Surprise

 My apologies for not posting on Thursday or Friday. In a turn that is completely out of my norm, I went away with a friend and decided (at the last minute) to leave my computer at home. I cannot remember the last time I completely escaped and disconnected!

My dear friend is turning 50 next month and will also be celebrating her 25th wedding anniversary. Several months ago her husband contacted me and asked for my assistance to transport her to a surprise party on Friday night. Without hesitation I agreed and my mind immediately began spinning with the possibilities. 

Because the end goal was to transport her to a surprise party, I opted to keep with the theme. After making sure that she was free to travel away for the night before, I decided to extend the surprises by not telling her where we were going or what we were doing. I simply emailed her a list of items to pack and told her when I would arrive at her house.

Planning this adventure was a little more complicated because of the hard stop at the end (the party) and the weather. Unfortunately, this past weekend the remnants of the hurricane blew through the area, forcing me to abandon all outdoor activities. After much planning, cancellations and regrouping, I finally settled on a getaway to Philadelphia. 

We had a great time! I am proud to report that I delivered her to the party (and surprise vow renewal) on time and completely unaware. 










No comments:

Post a Comment