About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, July 21, 2014

Progress.

This weekend little Timmy reached a big baby milestone. He slept in his crib, in his own bedroom, for the very first time. My whole family pitched in to prepare an adorable Hungry Hungry Caterpillar themed room for his arrival. Due to his premature issues, he has been sleeping in his infant swing or pram which are in the living room. His cheerful bedroom had been relegated to a storing location for diapers, clothing and assorted supplies. 

Saturday evening Scott and I put a new crib sheet on the bed, worked to move the clutter, and readied Timmy for his first night. He seemed unimpressed with his bedroom, but seeing him in his crib meant the world to me. I am finally beginning to breath and relax from the turmoil of his health issues. After an arduous pregnancy and a difficult three months, we are able to enjoy our little baby boy.

Timmy seemed happy as could be lying in his crib, enthralled by the moving and glowing mobile. The mobile is leftover from Robby, and seeing Timmy enjoy it now makes it seem even more special. I remember watching Robby lying in the same crib, with the same look of wonder in his eyes. I packed away his baby things so carefully, hoping that I would be able to use them again. I just never thought it would take eight years!

Between the pregnancy issues and Timmy's premature arrival, I have been sleeping on the couch for the past six months. At this point, I'm not sure I remember what a real mattress feels like anymore! I would love to write that,with Timmy tucked safely in his crib, I slept soundly in my own bed.  Unfortunately that would be a lie.  I became so nervous that I had Scott pull out the sofa chair so that I could sleep next to the crib. Another uncomfortable pull-out mattress, but in a new location. I suppose that is progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment