About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Reunited

Timmy is coming home home! I have missed my little buddy so much during the past few days. Although he doesn't freely admit it, when asked he still claims to "not be a big fan" of his baby brother, but I know that Robby has also missed him. My bet is that he sneaks him a kiss when he doesn't think we're looking.

My Mom is staying on for a few days to help with Timmy while we gauge my recovery. I am so fortunate that she is willing and able to help me out this summer. She has never missed a beat in her support and encouragement.

I go to the surgeon tomorrow and I am eagerly anticipating answers! Although I've tried to avoid thinking about the pathology report, I am ready to learn the results. I must confess that I'm nervous, teetering on terrified.

Living in limbo is difficult! I'm expecting good news, but am prepared to face whatever I might encounter.  Until I hear something definitive and to the contrary, I am choosing to believe that everything is just fine. When I feel weak and scared I think about my boys. They both remind me that I'm a fighter, and that I can handle more than I realize.

In the meantime, I am going to cuddle and rock my little teether. I can't wait to hold him and see his sweet little face.  I may not be able to pick him up and carry him around, but I am certainly healed enough to assume my position in the rocking chair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment