About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, February 27, 2015

Snow Day Happiness

Yesterday morning I woke up feeling blue and emotional. I wasn't focusing on a particular situation. Instead I think I was feeling a conglomeration of many issues hitting me at once. Primarily though I was sad about my Dad being sick. I wish that I could do something to help. Being relegated to spectator on this journey is difficult, especially since I am used to trying to fix things. It is a bitter pill to swallow when you realize that something cannot be fixed!

I woke up early and laid in bed, wishing the day away. I just wanted to hide from the world, and I was dreading having to tackle my to-do list. Just as I was in the throws of an impressive pity party the phone rang, jolting me out of my worries and back into reality. Apparently while I was wallowing in the wee hours of the morning, snow had been falling at a heavy clip. School for both Scott and Robby was cancelled.

Although I have grown weary of snow days simply because of the disruption to my schedule, yesterday's surprise day off was a godsend. I needed to have everybody home, to just be together. As soon as I realized that a snow day had been called, my mood began to lift. Of course, my happiness was nothing compared to the enthusiasm demonstrated by Scott and Robby upon hearing the news. Perhaps there is nothing more wonderful than a completely unexpected snow day!

We didn't do anything of consequence, but the lack of activity was refreshing. Scott and Robby spent time playing Plants vs. Zombies on XBox. Timmy spent hours crawling after Charlie Cat. I sat by the fire, worked and tried to enjoy the moment.  Yesterday I was happy for the snow day, but for purely selfish reasons- I wasn't alone. Today I'm feeling better, happier and more centered. I'm looking forward to my Timmy Time today, in a quiet house.


1 comment:

  1. I love this picture. As a romance writer (and reader), I'd buy a book with this cover in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete