About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Plugging Away

After the pain I experienced yesterday morning while trying to get out of bed, it was both surprising and delightful to be able to stand up this morning without any issues. Every muscle in my body is sore, but the absence of pain is liberating. I'm going to continue to nurse my back today in the hopes of thwarting another injury. It's hard to slow down, even with sores and a back injury, when trying to keep up with an extremely adventurous little toddler. 

I am managing to keep my leg sores under control. They aren't getting worse, but to be honest I'm not convinced that they are getting better either. Ugh! I hate dealing with these issues. Situations, such as sores or an uncomfortable socket, always remind me of the fragility of my mobility. I am far more comfortable pushing that reality into the back of my mind so that I don't have to think about it. Again, avoidance seems to be my go to coping mechanism. 

I'm thrilled that my back spasms are over, but I have to admit that I'm feeling sad today. Maybe sad isn't the right descriptor. Perhaps overwhelmed would be more apt. My to-do pile is steadily growing and, as much as I try, I just can't seem to keep up. I guess I'll keep trying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment