About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Healing

This past weekend I went to visit my Mom which was just what I needed (both physically and emotionally.) We didn't do anything of consequence, but just sitting around and relaxing certainly felt like a vacation. My Mom assumed early morning Timmy duty allowing me to catch up on some much needed sleep.

I have been dealing with the sores on my leg since September. The severity has varied with my activity level and socket fit, but they have never gone away. I've tried just about everything to promote healing, but my efforts only produced modest improvements. I was growing so tired of the nagging pain each time I took a step. The discomfort was omnipresent, but it wasn't intense enough to force me off my feet.  

Staying off my feet was exactly what was needed for the sores to finally begin to heal. With my Mom and sister eager to entertain Timmy, I was able to keep my leg off for most of the weekend.  In a few short days, the leg misery of the last few months began to dissipate.  

Once again, I'm reminded that I'm not too old to need my Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment