About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Hocus Pocus

I'm gearing up for another busy day. After dropping off Robby at school, I have to leave for a slew of work appointments. Hopefully Timmy cooperates because he is going to have a lot of adventures (also known as errands and meetings) today. When school is over, we are heading to Magic School, which Robby adores but I am starting to dread. I love seeing him so happy, but the reality of facing Washington, DC, rush hour traffic takes a large bite out of my enjoyment. 

It turns out that magic is right up Robby's alley. He isn't particularly skilled or swift with the tricks that he has learned, but his enthusiasm radiates with each not-so-slight of hand movement.  He approaches his craft with an intense seriousness, faithfully referencing the "magician's code of secrecy" each time I ask him how he does his trick.

I certainly don't expect him to become the next David Copperfield, but thankfully his expectations are realistic. When asked why he was in the class, he proudly told his magic teacher (and all of his classmates) that he is hoping to learn tricks so that he can "impress girls at the bar someday." What can I say?  At least he is planning ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment