About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, January 15, 2016

Experiment Fail

My great toddler sleep hypothesis failed miserably. Yesterday I took great efforts to try to recreate all of the conditions that I thought led to his sleeping through the night. We went bouncing, we played outside and I gave him ibuprofen for his molars before bedtime. Lying his sweet little head down on his crib mattress, I was sure that success was within reach.

Three hours later he began screaming like an irate chimpanzee. He didn't want a bottle, nor was he particularly happy being snuggled and rocked. He was just angry and seemed oddly content to scream and pound every surface he touched.  He stayed awake for about 40 minutes only to wake up 3 hours later.

By 3 AM I was exhausted . Half asleep, I began to repeat the miserable cycle. I instinctively threw off the covers, mumbled something unbecoming a lady and went to go soothe my little monster.

BAM! I had forgotten one important step in my routine. I failed to put on my leg. Talk about a horrible way to start my Friday.

I'm limping into the weekend, so I figure it can only get better from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment