About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, January 11, 2016

Babyproofing Foiled

My goodness the weekend just flew by! It seems like I was just curling up with Robby to watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (his traditional Friday night movie choice). I wish I could say that the weekend moved so quickly because we were busy and productive. Unfortunately I am looking around and trying to figure out just where we spent our time, because it certainly wasn't spent tackling anything on our to do list.

Although I can't say I was overly productive, I am going to give myself credit for finishing our home baby proofing project.  Timmy has been into absolutely everything and while everything dangerous was put out of reach, I was tired of cleaning up the plastic storage containers and slotted spoons that he enjoyed throwing from the drawers. Coupled with his trying to splash in the toilet at every opportunity, I was happy to finally Timmy-proof the house.

After spending about $80 and two hours on the project, I felt satisfied with a job well done. Timmy took the locked drawers as a challenge and was able to figure out the mechanism within five minutes. I now have two shoe boxes filled with my cooking utensils on the counter and empty drawers with expensive, albeit useless, baby locks installed. 

The toilet lock has proven beneficial, thwarting every attempt Timmy has made to break it open. Unfortunately it has also stumped his brother, whom I found urinating in the drain down the bathtub because of a urination emergency. He couldn't figure out how to open the lid of the toilet in time. I suppose I should be happy that he chose the bathtub over our deck. 

Today I will go back to the baby proofing drawing board. I need to figure out a way to keep my little Hamlet Houdini safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment