About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Teething Terror

Timmy has been teething, which has turned my sweet little cherub into a demonic alien at night. Over the past few days he hasn't slept beyond two hours at a time, awaking angry and without a specific purpose. I've tried everything to soothe and calm him, only to be answered by the wrath of a high pitched scream breaking through the quiet night. 

I keep reminding myself that this stage won't last forever. Rocking him at 2 AM, I kept reminding myself that soon this time will be a memory. I had almost convinced myself that I was happy for the cuddle time when I tip toed into his room to tuck him back into bed. As soon as I placed him down his angry eyes opened and he began to shriek, spoiling the sweet Momom moment. 

Lately I have been feeling the brunt of a profound reality. I am in my 40's, and mothering a toddler at this age is considerably different then when I was in my 30's. While I still don't feel middle aged emotionally, my body constantly reminds me of the cruel forces of biology. I'm simply not able to bounce back from sleepless nights like I did a decade ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment