About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Hitting the Lottery (toddler style)

I am waking up after experiencing what feels like a miracle. No, we didn't win the Powerball. Timmy (and by default allowing me) slept soundly through the night. I can't remember the last time I had a solid night's sleep at home. I feel like I could run a marathon. (Okay, maybe not a marathon. But I definitely feel able to run after my toddler and in many ways that is the same thing.)

I am hoping that I stumbled upon the magic bullet for Timmy's sleep issues. I think that his restful slumber last night was a combination of heavy exercise (thanks to a late afternoon visit to the bounce house) and ibuprofen for his molars. Today we are going to repeat the schedule and see if we have the same results.

Both boys would be delighted if I made a visit to the Bounce House part of our daily schedule. Since the weather has turned cold and they have transitioned to indoor recess, Robby seems to have an abundance of energy when I pick him up from school. Allowing him to move and play after working so hard in school is probably good for him. The brothers excitedly ran into an inflatable structure and happily play (together) until they were both sweaty and panting.

If I were to be completely honest, I discovered that I have an affinity for bouncing as well.  There is something liberating about just bouncing, sliding, laughing and playing with both of my kids. As an added bonus, I've discovered that bouncing burns an obscene number of calories!

A helpful tip to anybody with a leg prosthesis who is going to enter a bounce house: do not put a sock over the foot shell because you will have a much harder time gaining traction to climb the slides.


No comments:

Post a Comment