About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

No Sick Days for Momom

I have fought admitting it for as long as I can, but I'm coming to accept the inevitable reality. I'm not feeling well today. I'm not sick enough to stay in bed (not that Timmy would allow it even if it were necessary) but I'm feeling punky enough to feel miserable.

I'm contemplating going to the doctor, but the thought of schlepping Timmy through the appointment only intensifies my headache. He is at a stage where we avoid taking him into public at all costs. I never know when he will throw himself on the floor and wail all of his limbs in a full blown tantrum. He morphs from my cute little Hamlet into Timmy the Terrible faster than Clark Kent twirls into Superman.

I wish I could take a nap, but Timmy's erratic schedule and my work obligations aren't going to allow that luxury.  Hopefully a few more cups of coffee (and some strong decongestants) will help me get through the day. I think it is going to be a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment