About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Sleep Regression

According to numerous Google searches, Timmy is experiencing 24 month sleep regression. He has been restless through the night and resumed his early wake ups. He is as reliable as a rooster, squawking before dawn each morning. Trudging out to desperately turn on my coffee pot, I have to admit that I miss my good little sleeper!

I was hoping that spending the day outside playing in the warm air and sunshine would have helped him sleep. We spent the afternoon playing in the yard, splashing on the water table and jumping on the trampoline.  By the time Scott pulled into the driveway Hamlet was a grubby little raggamuffin. Caked in mud, soaking wet and sticky from a lollipop, his smile was radiating. I was certain that a silent night was going to be my reward for an exhausting day of toddler play.

It turns out that I was the only one tired out from the play day. The fun only served to rev up Timmy, causing him to stir through the night and wake up even earlier. Maybe he is eager to start another day of fun?  I guess it is time to go back to the internet to search for other possible solutions to our sleep dilemma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment