About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, August 13, 2018

More Travel

Yesterday Scott drove to Ohio for his cousin's visitation and funeral. It was a seven hour drive but I'm sure if felt even longer because of the circumstances.  Last night he attended the visitation and this morning he will go to her funeral before turning around and heading back home. I wish that he could have stayed longer with his family, but Tuesday is his first official day back to work. Sadly, summer vacation is officially over for Scott.

A few hours after he left I packed up the boys and headed to Pennsylvania. I am going to NYC tomorrow for work and my Mom is going to watch the boys for me. Thankfully it is a short trip with me going there and back on the same day. I typically enjoy taking the train to the city, but with all of our recent travel I'm having trouble capturing my sense of adventure. Right now I just want to be home and return to normalcy.

Robby is delighted to be at their Nana's again. The Cousin Crew winding down their summer vacation, but they plan on enjoying their last few days together. Last night we played Truth or Dare, a truly enlightening experience for this Mom, before staying up to play poker while waiting for the meteor shower to arrive. 

I think all of the kids are in for a shock when the school schedule resumes in a few weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment