About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Travel Ban

After 8 hours on a train and over an hour in a taxicab, I am tired of traveling. I arrived back at my Mom's last night wiped out from sitting on moving vehicles all day. Although I wasn't physically active, I can consider the time well spent because of what I accomplished during the trip. I took full advantage of the Amtrak Wi-Fi and worked nonstop on my computer. 

My appointment went well and was relatively quick. I was able to catch an earlier train home, for which I was grateful. I wasn't looking forward to killing three hours at Penn Station. Sometimes I would relish the chance to browse and walk around the city for a few hours.  Yesterday was not one of those days. 

This morning I am packing up my boys and heading home. After I arrive, I officially declaring a boycott on all travel for the foreseeable future. Robby and Scott need some quiet time before the hustle and bustle of the school year resumes. I need time to decompress and prepare for the impending chaos. And Timmy has been needing some quality time with his trains.


No comments:

Post a Comment