About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

NYC

Greetings from an Amtrak train en route to New York City.  This is a short trip with my going there and back in the same day. Even though I'm feeling travel weary, I'm feeling excited about this brief getaway. 

I love New York City. The energy of the city is intoxicating. While I would be miserable living there, I love visiting for short periods of time. I can't wait to get off of the train and see the sights and hear the sounds of the city. 

Experiencing New York City isn't the only reason I'm feeling excited. In reality, I'm excited about being alone and without parental responsibilities for several hours on the train. The kids have been especially high maintenance since we came home from Florida. I don't know if they are having trouble settling into a home routine or are bored with summer and in need of structure, but my little cherubs are driving me crazy. 

Usually I am depressed when summer comes to an end, but this year I find myself eagerly checking off days on the calendar. Of course the boys are not nearly as ready to return to the school schedule as me so I have to temper my back-to-school enthusiasm. But if I am completely honest with myself, I have to admit that I feel a surge of gleeful anticipation when I see back-to-school ads on television. 

No comments:

Post a Comment