About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, December 31, 2018

New Year's Eve

It seems fitting that 2018 is ending with rain and fog. The past 365 days were marred by frustrations, heartaches, and illness. I am looking forward to setting up my new calendar and moving forward!

I have never been a fan of New Year's Eve, and this year is no different. Robby had planned on hanging out with the Cousin Crew and ringing in 2019 in true tween style. For weeks he has been looking forward to the revelry and the reunion, but plans have changed and his cousins are no longer available. Robby has been bummed out since the plans have canceled and he has shown no interest in a replacement activity. He will probably ring in the New Year playing a video game.

I probably won't even make it up until midnight. Tucked under my electric blanket and sound asleep, I will trust that the seconds ticked away and I'll watch the ball drop on the replay tomorrow morning. I really have no desire to enter 2019 feeling more sleep deprived than normal.  

In reality, Timmy is the only member of our family who will celebrate the New Year in style. We are heading to Kid Junction this morning for their "Noon Year's Eve" celebration. At noon balloons will drop from the ceiling and a toddler party will commence. I know that he is going to have a blast, and watching him have so much fun will be all the celebration I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment