About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Duck Pond

With spring still in the air (despite it being January), we spent several hours playing outside. Timmy is particularly fond of riding his little push bike and loves nothing more than either me or his brother to join him. Usually, I ride with him. As it turns out, Robby has recently discovered the joys of my electric bike and has been eager to take it for a spin whenever possible. He was more than willing to go for a bike ride with his baby brother, and Timmy was ecstatic for the adventure with Robby.

As both boys departed down the street on their bikes, I walked behind them. (The irony that I had somehow lost my Christmas present to my 12-year-old wasn't lost on me!) The boys had a blast riding and quickly rode out of my line of sight. I was nervous not being able to see Timmy, but I knew that he was safe with his big brother. Letting go of the reigns, or allowing somebody else to hold them, is definitely not easy for me!

Robby is a wonderful big brother and did a great job supervising their first bike ride. The pair rode to the duck pond (about 1/2 mile away) and back without an issue. I was sure that Timmy was going to be tired when he got home, but he was chomping at the bit to go again. It's a good thing that Robby likes my electric bike because I'm pretty sure his little brother is going to keep him pedaling for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment