About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, January 10, 2019

Changing Hats

And just like that, our spring weather has disappeared and winter has arrived. Today we will be curled up by the fireplace, keeping warm and waiting for the flakes to begin to fall. It is hard to believe that just two days ago we were at the park, running and playing without coats. I know that I will be singing a different tune in a few months, but I'm glad that winter has finally come to Virginia.

Today I'm looking forward to baking cookies, relaxing by the fire and hibernating from society. I have spent the entire week at various playgrounds and bounce arenas. I need a break, and I think Timmy does as well. While my little guy loves to run and play, he still doesn't know how to regulate his off switch. 

Hopefully, Timmy will be content to play with his toys at home and watch Polar Express. Robby has done a great job working completely independently on his work, but he has reached a point where he needs some guidance. Today I'm going to take off my fun coordinator/ taxi driver hat and jump into teacher mode. If we get Robby caught up, I think we will all be able to play in the snow this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment