About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, January 07, 2019

Introductions

This weekend was dedicated to potty training. We didn't stray too far from home out of the fear of getting Timmy away from his developing skill. Instead, we played outside where he discovered the thrill that comes from peeing on a tree. (I must thank his brother for enlightening him to this new possibility.) 

So far, all of the predictions of a colder than normal winter have yet to materialize. I know that most people are delighted with the unseasonably warm temperatures, but I miss the cold bite of January.  I know that the boys would find just as much delight playing in the snow as they do riding their bikes through the neighborhood.

Unfortunately, we don't have snow so Timmy spent the afternoon running around the yard after the ball and riding his bike. We were able to finally meet the new neighbor. He is young and seems very nice. I'm not sure that we made the best impression though. Timmy wished him a "Yabaddee Christmas" and then said, "Watch this." I barked, "Don’t pull down your pants,” but it was too late. 

Hamlet had pulled his Thomas the Train big boy underwear and pants all the way to his ankles and began to pee on the tiny tree at the edge of the road.  The look on our new neighbor's face was one of shock and perplexion.  Let me tell you, it's hard to recover from that type of introduction!

I suppose I'll just focus on the positive.  At least he remembered to pull down his pants this time!



No comments:

Post a Comment