About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, January 31, 2022

Ice

Friday night into Saturday morning we received a mild version of the massive snowstorm that blanketed the East Coast. The two inches of snow covered a thick layer of ice, keeping us housebound all weekend. I am not going to complain though because I really didn't want to go anywhere. 

The cold temperatures thwarted any melting that may have occurred. Our road is essentially an ice rink. On Saturday night our neighbor lost control of his car and slid off of the road. He ended up careening into the woods. Instead he was lucky and his car stopped just in time, although he certainly has front end damage and was in need of a tow. 

Since we were stuck inside, I took advantage of the opportunity to work and to tidy the house. In addition to knocking out some work projects, I also cleaned my living room and kitchen, packed up some toys for donation. I am starting this new week feeling accomplished!

I'm hoping that the ice begins to melt early this morning because I have an appointment to receive my new leg. I've been waiting a long time for today. Hopefully it won't be delayed because of ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment