About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Fire

 Late Sunday night there was a fire in our neighborhood. I couldn't see the flames, but we certainly heard the firetrucks and emergency response. Yesterday morning I drove past the damage, and I was horrified by the scene. The entire structure was reduced to ash and rubble. The only thing left standing is a single brick wall. My heart ached for the homeowners. I can't fathom the devastation that they feel.

Not only did the occupants lose their home and all of their belongings, but there three beloved pups also perished in the fire. We have gotten to know these dogs because they always ran to greet Friend as we walked by each day. It is going to be lonely walking by the property without hearing the happy barks greeting us. The owner is currently in the burn ward of the hospital because of injuries sustained as he tried to free his dogs. 

I cannot begin to fathom the loss they are feeling. Seeing somebody in close proximity suffer such a total loss certainly puts my own frustrations into perspective. I held my family and my kids a little tighter last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment