About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Comfortable Fit

After struggling for nearly three years, I am comfortable and walking with confidence in my new leg. The process took longer than I anticipated, but the result was worth every single delay. My new leg fits perfectly!

I can't remember the last time I was able to slip on my leg and forget about it for the rest of the day. It feels liberating to wear something so natural feeling. Yesterday I logged 15,000+ steps throughout the day and I never had to take it off or adjust the fit. I went through my day waiting for discomfort that never materialized. 

Not only is the new leg comfortable during the day, but I felt no phantom pain last night. The annoying stinging that has been visiting me nightly was absent. Because this leg is expertly crafted around my nerve bundles, the nerves were not angered throughout the day. 

After a long detour, I feel like I am back on the right path!

No comments:

Post a Comment