About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 04, 2009

Monkey see... monkey do

When we come inside from playing outside, I am trying to teach my son to remove his shoes. This is not because I am a neat freak, but rather because we have a very muddy yard and very light carpet.

This morning, when we were coming inside from getting the newspaper, I asked Robby to take off his shoes. As he sat on the steps, I removed the shoe from my foot. I then wiped down the shoe on the prosthetic, and proceeded up the stairs.

From the top of the stairs, I watched him remove the shoe from one foot. He then took the same towel, wiped down his other shoe (keeping it on his foot) and walked up the stairs. He is now proudly prancing around the house with a shoe on one foot and only a sock on the other, just like his Mommy.

From removing only one shoe to walking with a bit of a limp like his Mommy, Robby copies everything he sees. The only exceptions? Picking up his toys and cleaning up his messes!

No comments:

Post a Comment