About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Sad Entry

I am writing this blog with a heavy heart. When I first began this venture, I vowed that my blog would be a vehicle for my uncensored emotions and experiences. I have always striven to put a voice to my feelings and experiences knowing that others could relate to my situation. Sometimes just knowing that I am not the only Mommy to have experienced a situation helps to remove the isolation that often accompanies being an amputee parent.

To date, I have never held back from discussing my feelings about a situation I deem "blog worthy." I am proud that I have tackled some difficult and sometimes embarrassing issues, often trying to blend information with humor. Unfortunately, this is the first time I find that I am not free to openly discuss a topic I feel requires exploration.

It seems that the holiday season brings out not only the best, but also the worst in families. Family politics are difficult to navigate during the most relaxed of times. During the holidays, when increased stress levels prevail, maneuvering through family expectations and perceived obligations becomes increasingly difficult.

I have written a blog to be published today. At the request of some loved ones, I have opted to hold off on publishing my entry. Stress levels remain high, and emotions are raw. Perhaps, with time, the issues can be addressed.

I love my family, and I would never want to hurt them. For the time being, I suppose the "elephant will remain in the room." I am not sure that ignoring an issue is ever a viable solution. Perhaps time will heal some wounds and a composed, civil conversation can occur.

I want the readers of my blog to finish reading my entries feeling informed or entertained (ideally, a combination of both). I would never want somebody to be angry or to provide ammunition for future conflicts. Because of these reasons, I am opting to censor myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment