About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Scott, Robby loves you very much. He is downstairs watching CARS, curled up under his covers with a sippy cup of milk. He smiled to me when I was coming upstairs and told me he "liked watching race cars like Daddy." He tries to emulate you because you are his hero.

I know that Robby runs and hides when you come home from work, and all you want to do is give him a hug. You don't see him jumping up and down gleefully squealing "Hooray... Daddy is home from work.. Hooray!" He misses you so much some days that I am must complete multiple craft projects and bake numerous dozen cookies because "Daddy will be super happy."

Robby loves you, and so do I. Thank you for working so hard so that I can stay home to raise our little boy. I know that he is going to be a better man because of our sacrifices.

To my Dad, I love you. I miss seeing you regularly but I know that the move was your best decision. Robby still refers to your room as "Candy Papaw's room" and frequently asked when you are coming back. I wish you were here today. I would make you meatloaf and potato kugel.

You've raised me to be an independent, free thinking woman. Although we may not always agree, we have always been able to talk. For that, I am thankful. I love you, and I hope that you have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment