About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Lights.. Camera.. Action!

Yesterday was a whirlwind. Robby, Scott and I woke up early, eager to meet the adventures of the day. After a quick breakfast, and a long time getting ready, we were finally ready to leave for our filming location.

I anticipated the interview lasting an hour. I sat down, took a deep breath and tried to go into "the zone." I thought carefully before responding to the questions to convey my thoughts as honestly and as clearly as possible. I tried to envision that I was talking to a new amputee friend when I spoke.

I was surprised and a tad confused when they wrapped after about 20 minutes.

When they unclasped the microphone, I had a cringe of insecurity as I thought that perhaps my interview was so terrible that it wasn't worth the time to have me continue. When I got out of the chair I was told that I was referred to as "One Take Peggy" because of my ability to answer clearly the first time. My insecurities evaporated.

Robby was fantastic, and I couldn't be prouder. He put powder on his nose and smiled for the cameras. He knew that he was not supposed to look at the cameras when they were following us. He made ignoring the cameras a game and I know that they were able to tape some great footage.

I am so grateful that Scott was able to rearrange his schedule to accompany us. This blog would have a completely different tone if he hadn't been there to entertain and to watch Robby while I was working. He was able to keep Robby both busy and quiet--this is not an easy task.

I was told that this show will air sometime in June or July. I will keep you posted. Hopefully I won't end up on the cutting room floor again!

No comments:

Post a Comment