About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Schedule Change

It feels like it has been overcast, dreary, and gray forever. Rain has been falling sporadically for the past week. Our yard looks like a mushroom farm with all the little fungi sprouting up everywhere. I miss the sun, and I am beginning to get depressed!

In truth, my blue mood is the result of more than the weather. Robby and I have had a comfortable, workable schedule for the past five years. All of a sudden our routine has been disrupted, and I am having a difficult time adjusting. I am sure that I have mentioned this before: I don't like change.

Despite the 2.5 hours without Robby everyday, I am finding it impossible to get everything done. My workload has increased and, despite the quiet time everyday, my to-do list is getting longer--not shorter. I just can't find enough time in the day.

I had envisioned quiet mornings sipping coffee while listening to music as I cuddle up in the corner of my sofa and work on my computer. My dream could not be further from reality. Yesterday morning I became so preoccupied sending faxes and answering phone calls that I forgot to put a mug under my Keurig. Coffee poured all over the counter, spilling onto the floor in my bedroom. I then had to spend the remaining of my solitude time (45 minutes) on my hands and knees trying to clean the brown coffee stain out of the white carpet--to no avail.

I always find it difficult adjusting to changes in my routine. Between work responsibilities, homework, and chauffeuring a five year old to and from school, my days are evaporating and I feel as if I have little to show for my efforts. I'm spinning on a hamster wheel, desperately trying to keep up but never getting anywhere. Of course, the dreary weather certainly has not helped to uplift my mood!

I'm hoping that over the next few weeks a new schedule will naturally emerge. In the meantime, I am going to forgive myself for the messy house, coffee stained carpet, and piled laundry. After all, I am sure that all of those chores will be waiting when I can finally find the time. Of course, if the sun ever decides to peek out the housework will have to wait even longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment