About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Minnesota Recap

Although I hated being away from Robby and Scott, I had a successful trip to Minnesota. Putting on my professional garb, staying in a hotel and attending meetings remains a novel and exciting experience. I love being challenged academically and exercising parts of my brain that have not been stimulated in a long time!

While I adore being a wife and mom, but I have come to realize that those two roles do not totally define me. I am so much more than a caretaker. It is refreshing to be in the company of others who do not expect me to also clean the dishes or do their laundry after a conversation!

I am excited about this new professional opportunity. During the course I learned the ins and outs of writing insurance appeals. It is a complicated process but I feel like I am up to the task. I am thrilled that my words might be able to help another amputee obtain the prosthetic devices that they require to achieve their goals. As a bonus I get to hold the insurers accountable and force them to deliver on their policy promises!

Although I'm going to be able to work from home, this new endeavor is going to impact my schedule. I suspect we are all going to experience some growing pains as we learn to adjust and adapt to my new responsibilities. I typically don't enjoy change, but I have to admit that this one has me excited!

** Perhaps the best news I received while in Minnesota came in a phone call from Robby. I heard him giggle for the first time in days. My little guy is on the mend!

No comments:

Post a Comment