About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, April 02, 2012

New York City!

Greetings from New York City! Scott, Robby and I are currently in a high rise hotel in the heart of Times Square- courtesy of my Dad (Thanks, Dad). We have been soaking up every moment and having a fantastic time. Robby is in absolute awe of the city. So far he is most impressed by the Naked Cowboy whom we passed walking to our hotel.

Once I learned that the PSA that I filmed for the Amputee Coalition would be streaming in Times Square during the month of April, there was no doubt that we were going to be taking a mini-vacation. Having Robby and my images streaming on such a unique and public platform is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I just had to see it in person!

Our hotel is directly across from the JumboTron in Duffy Square that is airing our video. Scott and I were both like little kids on Christmas morning when we saw it play for the first time. I have to admit that I actually squealed with delight, and Scott's hands were shaking due to excitement so we missed the first opportunity to film. Robby was busy fretting about a dead pigeon he saw in the road. He is unimpressed with seeing his image on the screen.

I can't wait to write more about our big NYC adventures, but right now I want to get off the computer and back into the excitement of the city. Look for me this morning on ABC- I'll be standing outside the Good Morning America studio proudly wearing my AmputeeMommy ribbon shirt.



No comments:

Post a Comment