About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Friend Time

I am delighted that it is finally Friday because this past week has been a struggle, both physically and emotionally.  With my leg finally healing and after being cleared yesterday for limited prosthetic use, I'm looking forward to the weekend!

I rarely have plans that do not revolve around my family or work, but this weekend is a rare exception. On Sunday I'm going to get to see my friend Tammy whom I haven't seen in over two years. Not only were Tammy and I roommates in college (just a few years ago) but we also shared an apartment for a few years after we graduated. Although we are still close, I'm looking forward to some one-on-one time with my dear friend.

Over the years Tammy has indulged my wacky ideas, most notably the time I convinced her that Karate lessons would be a great way to meet men. We didn't meet any suitors, but she did break a toe and I suffered a humiliation when my uniform split in the middle of class revealing my Donald Duck underpants to the entire dojo.  Perhaps the first benefit of my foot injury presented when we were finally able to quit the lessons because of my inability to participate.

Scott and Robby are going to have a "boys day" while I am gone. Normally I would feel a tinge of guilt about leaving for the entire day. This time I feel nothing but excitement. It's been a long time since I've done something just for me. I wonder what trouble we'll find this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment