About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Last Day!!

Robby is in for a treat when he wakes up this morning. In lieu of the expected Cinnamon Toast Waffle and cup of milk, I have made cinnamon rolls and bacon. After all, today is a special day: it is the last day of school!

It is hard to believe that the school year is ending. It feels like just yesterday I was fretting and crying over his being away for an entire school day. Although it was a difficult transition, admittedly more for me than him, there is no doubt that he has flourished.

This school year I have watched Robby's confidence both waiver and blossom. He struggled, especially after the Dengue Fever, but rallied and finished the school year academically strong. It was heartbreaking watching his skills slip away when he was so ill. We were prepared to expect the Dengue Dementia to last through the summer. Thankfully, the experts were wrong and he quickly regained his footing.

I don't have the words to express how proud I am of my little boy. He is growing into a confident, self-assured and caring individual. Today we celebrate not only the last school day, but the last day in his school. Next year will bring a new building, new teachers, new friends and new adventures. In the meantime, I think I'll just enjoy our summer vacation together!

No comments:

Post a Comment