About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, March 07, 2014

Weekend Vacation

This afternoon I'm picking up Robby a little early from school and heading to Pennsylvania to visit my Mom. While I hate pulling him out of school early, I have learned that embarking on our road trip after his regular dismissal time adds about 2 hours to an already long trip because of rush hour traffic. I haven't visited my Mom since Christmas, and I am really looking forward to this trip. I think some "Mom/Nana time" is just what Robby and I have been needing!

Robby has been talking about the visit all week. He has certainly created a lengthy activity wish list that he hopes to complete with his Nana. One of the first items on his agenda is showing her the Scholastic Book Order form he received in school. I suspect that he is hoping that she offers to buy the coveted National Geographic readers, and I have little doubt that he is probably correct. 

I'm looking forward to just relaxing and talking. Visiting my Mom always feels like a mini-vacation.. She and Robby wake up early and make me breakfast, allowing me to sleep in. I know that my sleep-in days are numbered, so I plan on taking full advantage of every opportunity! I don't have to cook meals, clean up or entertain Robby. I have to admit that I am really looking forward to my break.

No comments:

Post a Comment