About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, April 11, 2014

To Do

I anticipate seeing two elated boys at 3:00 this afternoon as they celebrate the beginning of Spring Break. Robby has been busy making plans with friends. Our involvement is now limited to chauffeuring and financial support, and I don't see this trend changing in the near future. Although it is tough for me to accept that he is growing up, watching him thrive both socially and academically has certainly helped the transition.

Scott will be home from work all next week, a fact which delights him. I feel a little guilty because he seems unaware that his time is already being allocated. We still have a lot of work to do before baby arrives, and since I'm relegated to bed rest, my role has been shifted to purely supervisory.  I suspect that by the end of the week he will be looking forward to returning to the classroom!

I despise being on bed rest, but I have accepted my fate at least until the baby is born.  I find it infuriating that there is so much to be done and I am being restricted from doing it. Unfortunately for everybody in the house, I've been left with a lot of extra time to think of projects and make lists. I'm going to try to somewhat curb my nesting tendencies and hopefully I'll be able to strike a balance between Scott enjoying and relaxing during his Spring Break and my compulsions to crack the whip for productivity.

I am going to try to ease off my directions next week, I know that Saturday will be busy for Scott. His Mom is coming to visit for a few days, and the house is no where near ready for her arrival. He will have to spend his first official day of Spring Break tackling the lengthy "to do list" that I have been writing. Typically I would be the one running around frantically cleaning and tidying up. Watching him do the work will certainly be a role reversal!

Although Saturday will not be a lot of fun, Sunday is sure to make up for any cleaning misery he endures. My Mom is throwing us a "Sprinkle" to celebrate the arrival of our newest family member. I am looking forward to spending the afternoon with friends and family. I even have a friend from college who is attending, and I haven't seen her since my bachelorette party!

This pregnancy has been wrought with ill-health, worries and medical set-backs. This Sprinkle is the perfect chance to celebrate the little miracle who we will soon meet. I won't be terribly mobile during the event, but I am looking forward to just being happy and celebrating our good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment