About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, May 01, 2014

Rainy Day Cuddles


It has been a long time since we've seen the rain deluge that has occurred during the past 48 hours. The rain was coming down in steady sheets, dumping up to an inch an hour. With the miserable weather came increased phantom pain thus making a yucky day even more difficult.

Thankfully, other than a doctor's appointment, I had no place to go, so I was able to spend the day cuddling with Timmy. He was content spending the afternoon sleeping on my chest under a warm blanket. I was able to keep my leg off, rest and just enjoy my baby. Despite the weather and the phantom pain, I thoroughly enjoyed the day and felt no pangs of guilt about not working or being more productive.  Right now, my job title is official baby warmer and cuddler. I take those responsibilities seriously!

Although the rain leaked through the roof in a few places, it was not as bad as we had anticipated considering the amount which fell. I've abandoned all hope of fixing the skylight in our bedroom and have resigned myself to hiring a professional this summer. We've tried to remedy the leak for two years, and despite our efforts, it only becoming more pronounced. The leak by the fireplace has changed from a steady stream to a slow trickle, so I think that the latest repair attempt might have been in the right direction. Sometimes, being a homeowner is frustrating. Schlepping pots and towels to catch the water leaks is definitely one of those times!

The rain has turned our quaint little stream into a small roaring river.  The swing where Robby and I spent hours sitting and having picnics is now completely submerged. I don't remember the water ever rising so high, and I am concerned that the swing will wash away in the current. I know that there is nothing that I can do about it, so I try to avoid looking out the window because I don't want to deal with the debris. At this rate, I'm doubting that we will ever dry out.

No comments:

Post a Comment