About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Vacation Day

Yesterday was nice but chaotic. I have come to rely upon my routine, and the disruption of having everybody at home on a Tuesday sent everything into a tailspin. I enjoy having a full house, but it certainly complicates things on my end.

After struggling against the constant interruptions, I finally surrendered to the fact that I wasn't going to get much work done. I shut off my computer and resolved myself to an early morning to catch up on my projects. In the meantime, I vowed to make the most of having everybody home. 

Before going to breakfast, Robby asked if he could post on my Facebook page. I allowed him access with the caveat that I would immediately delete anything inappropriate. The little guy worked for about 10 minutes until he deemed it perfect.  "Hi. This is Robby. Today is momoms walking day. Momom is a good mom. Walking with a prosthetic is rare. That makes her special. I am lucky since she is rare. We are going to eat at ihop. bye"  Needless to say, I allowed it to stay on my wall. 

I love that Robby is proud of me. He is at an age where he is beginning to appreciate my prosthetic use and the difficulties I have encountered. He is also in a phase where he is impressed by anything that he deems rare.  I am happy that, in this situation, I fit the bill!

My impromptu vacation day was wonderful. I was able to go for a long walk through the neighborhood with Robby and Timmy before going out for a nice dinner. I know that I'll have to work twice as hard today to catch up, but it will be worth it.  Sometimes, everybody needs to unplug- including this "rare" Momom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment