About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Final Goodbye

This is the day I have been dreading.  Today my father will be laid to rest in his hometown of Butler PA. We will have a small funeral service for family and close friends, followed by his burial at the cemetery.

It feels surreal to know that I will watch my Dad being lowered into the ground. It has been an extremely long and exhausting week since he passed, and I know that it is time to let him go. Of course rationalizing something does little to temper the emotions.

Between the shock of his death and the memorial service in Texas, I feel like my head hasn't had time to catch up with my heart. After today there will be nothing left to do except grieve.  I am not looking forward to today as I say my final goodbye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment