About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Gross

I adore my boys and love being a Mom.  I try not to get hung up on the little things and to stay in the moment as much as possible.  Even when the moment is frustrating or exhausting, I know that these times are fleeting. It seems like only yesterday I was rocking and putting Robby to sleep in his crib.  Now my big Koopa wipes off my kisses of his cheek as soon as I turn my head.

Despite trying to live in the moment, sometimes being a parent is just plain hard.  Yesterday, if I would have been asked to sum up my day in one word, I could have answered quickly and emphatically.  It was absolutely disgusting.

My day into the underside of parenting began with wiping long green boogies out of Timmy's nose in the morning, a gesture for a one year old that apparently is akin to being beaten. He would prefer the boogies smear across his face and drip into his mouth. I am beginning to worry that he views his nose as a portable snack machine because of the eagerness of his licking when they begin to drip.  Ick!

Robby seemed to have a good day at school and was happily chatting on the drive home. All of a sudden his mood changed and an aura of worry washed over his little face. When I asked him what was wrong, I heard the sentence every Mom has come to fear. "I thought I had to toot, but I was wrong. I think I need to change my underwear." Needless to say, the rest of the drive was rather odoriferous. 

Throughout the day Timmy and I continued to fight the boogie battle and added some smeared poop into the mix to break up the monotony.  I was changing Timmy's diaper when I saw Scott's car turn into the driveway. He arrived just in time because Hamlet took the full advantage of his diaper-free moment by peeing all over my shirt.

Dinner time was particularly fun, when Hamlet spontaneously vomited his peas. The floor, the dining room table, and of course me, were all thoroughly doused with the warm and gooey concoction.  It was particularly ripe because the peas were served during his lunch nearly 6 hours earlier.

As soon as I cleaned everything and returned to the table, Robby proudly showed me his finger. "Look Momom. This boogie looks like the state of Texas." His treasure turned out to be the world's best appetite suppressant. 

I love my boys, but sometimes taking care of them can only be described as disgusting.  As soon as I tucked Timmy into his crib I hopped into a hot bath and thoroughly disinfected myself. I then sat down to eat my dinner which at this point consisted of ice cream cake and a few Hershey Kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment