About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Locked and Loaded

There is a lot of excitement in our house this morning. Today is the last day of school, and needless to say the boys are happy about summer vacation.  Robby and Scott have spontaneously broken into their celebration dances so frequently that now Timmy attempts to join along.  (Unfortunately for little Timmy, he has inherited both my enthusiasm and my uncanny lack of rhythm.)

I knew that I had to end my year as room mom on a high note, and after some thought I devised the perfect finale. Today I am overseeing a school wide water battle, complete with over 300 water balloons for the teachers and water shooters (apparently we are no longer supposed to refer to the toy as water guns) for all students. 

Robby and Scott spent an hour last night making sure that his numerous Nerf water shooters/guns were fully operational, replacing the batteries in each for maximum damage. Both of his water ammo vests are full and my little guy is ready for an epic water battle. With temperatures projected to be in the mid 90's, I'm confident that everybody will have a blast!

I'm looking forward to celebrating the end of school with Robby, but I am more excited about the start of summer vacation. Last summer was lousy and consumed with pain and surgeries.  This year I am looking forward to fun family adventures, lots of time by the pool and countless hours of giggling and playing. After the difficult few months we have had, we deserve some relaxation happiness.

Welcome to the Summer of Awesome II!


No comments:

Post a Comment