About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 22, 2015

Correction

Apparently my benign little blog, designed to only demonstrate that life after limb loss can be wonderful and fulfilling, has been causing a stir. I need to take this opportunity to clarify, and to hopefully heal some hurt feelings.

Writing a blog is an egocentric endeavor. I primarily write about my experiences, and interactions with those around me. If somebody is omitted from a story it is not meant as a slight. In order to write a blog everyday, sometimes I need to abbreviate the stories so that I can fit them into a readable format.

Also, blogs are not always published in a chronological order. Sometimes, such as when either I or one of my kids are sick, I will publish a pre-written but previously unpublished post. These posts tend to chronicle previous experiences but address real emotions.

Keeping a few stories and experiences "in the can" has helped me manage the pressures of work, my family and my blog. Some days my life is simply too hectic, or exhausting, for me to sit down and write. This is especially true when one of my kids are sick, when I am traveling, or when I am juggling many projects against a deadline.  Because of the pressures of trying to publish a daily blog, I have found that keeping some drafts on hand has reduced the stress involved.

 I try to be specific about the people I include in my post. When nobody specific is named, I caution against making assumptions about people, places or situations. Typically posts that do not include specific identifiers is an indication that the story was published from my prepared archives.

Any implications that may have been assumed because of the timing of one of my posts published from "the can" are regrettable. My son did not have a reaction to cinnamon in Ohio, it occurred at a different time. In an exhausted state I attempted to piece together a series of previous experiences while weaving current information. I apologize for the confusion, and for the perceived accusations.

No comments:

Post a Comment