About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Exhaustion

Yesterday was not my best day. Timmy woke up obscenely early. By 3:15 he was out of his crib and running around the house, activating every musical toy while breaking out into a dance. I tried to convince him to go back to sleep but I could tell by his energy that he was raring to go. Watching him jump on his trampoline while trying to sing along to his Leap toys, I knew I was going to be putting my coffee maker through its paces. 

By lunchtime I was spent and the near constant flow of caffeine was merely keeping me upright.  Timmy was still going strong, happily playing and creating as much mischief as possible. I was struggling to keep up with my high energy toddler. When I become overly tired I become emotional and depressed, which explains why I was crying while pushing him on his swing set.

At one point I decided that allowing him to unroll the toilet paper through the living room was worth the few moments of quiet rest that the activity afforded.  Unfortunately when the roll was completely unwound the freshly papered living room only contributed to my feeling overwhelmed. I decided to leave the mess.  When Robby came home from school I offered him "a whole quarter" to clean it up. He happily accepted the job and, if you ask me, I made out on the deal. 

Timmy slept better last night and didn't wake me up this morning until almost 5. I'm feeling better and my sleep deprived depression has lifted. I'm hoping that today is going to be a better day!



No comments:

Post a Comment