About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, September 07, 2015

Labor Day

For the past 14 years  Labor Day always heralded the beginning of the school year.  This year local schools received a "Kings Dominion Law" waiver and started classes last week. Even though both Scott and Robby have a week of classes under their belts, I plan on spending this Labor Day in our traditional manner. 

The lazy days of summer are over and it is time to get ready for Fall.  Today I will be scurrying around doing laundry, shopping for last minute school supplies and trying to get all of our school time ducks in a row.  We won't be attending any pool parties or picnics, but I'm not a total Grinch.  I made potato salad, and we'll throw some burgers on the grill for dinner.  I figure if I serve dinner on paper plates, it kind of counts as a picnic. 

Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment