About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, October 01, 2015

Weather Pain

Thankfully, last night the phantom pain finally eased, morphing from angry to nagging. I am fortunate that I don't have persistent phantom pains. I am miserable when they rear their ugly little nervy heads, but so many of my friends suffer greatly because of their frequent intrusions. Although I complain when it happens, I consider myself lucky because of the infrequency.

I always find myself feeling both angry and depressed when I experience phantom pain. I have to remind myself that my phantom pain is fleeting as I try to ride it out. I underwent an amputation to rid myself of constant pain. When I relive the agony, I just want to cry.

With the hurricane brewing in the Atlantic projected to hit our area Sunday night, I am anticipating an uncomfortable weekend. My phantom pain seems to be impacted by drastic changes in weather systems. Our local news station has started featuring a pain meter in conjunction with the weather. I've realized that when the pain meter is in the red, the probability of my experiencing phantom pain is greater.

Hopefully my predictions are wrong and the nagging pain will never materialize. We have a lot of work to do before the hurricane makes landfall. I don't have the time to be laid up with pain! Fingers crossed that my limb cooperates.


No comments:

Post a Comment