About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Murphy's Law

I should know better than to plan my next day in advance, especially during the winter. Yesterday I worked my schedule into precise 15 minute increments. I went to bed feeling pleased with my effective planning. I knew that the day was going to be busy, but I was also optimistic that my manageable schedule would allow me to maximize my productivity.

Well, Murphy's Law has struck in the form of an overnight snow event. Robby's school is delayed two hours, effectively nullifying my entire schedule. So much for planning and efficiency! Despite my efforts, I am back to juggling on the fly.

Typically I feel phantom pain heralding a winter storm. Last night I didn't experience any discomfort which is why this school delay has thrown me off kilter. Of course In this situation, my comfort led me astray. I believed the weatherman and wasn't expecting a snow event.

Robby is still sleeping, happy in the cozy warmth of the electric blanket. He will be able to enjoy a few extra hours of sleep thanks to the weather and road conditions. Timmy has no respect for the school delay, waking up early as he demanded that I exchange my warm bed for the cold living room. I can't help but look forward to returning the favor when he is a teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment