About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

End of Break!

Because of the rain, cold temperatures and high winds yesterday, we made the decision to forgo the White House Easter Egg Roll.  I was sad to let the tickets go to waste, but the alternative of spending the afternoon schlepping a sure-to-be-miserable husband and mischievous and non-compliant toddler through the mud and crowds just wasn't appealing. Robby was disappointed but he quickly accepted the consolation prize of bowling with his friend Janna.

It turns out that skipping the White House was a wise decision. If we had gone, we would have been smack dab in the middle of a lock down and evacuation.  I shudder to think of the issues that would have arisen during that situation!

After 10 days of Spring Break, the boys are returning to school today. Neither Scott nor Robby are particularly thrilled with the end of their vacation. Although we had a great time and I thoroughly enjoyed having them home, I must admit that I'm not mourning the end of Spring Break. They may not agree with me at the moment, but we all need to get back to a routine. 

While I will enjoy the quieter house, I suspect that Timmy will not be as happy. He loves the commotion and excitement that ensues when his brother and Daddy are both home. Being stuck with just me for company, I'm expecting him to have some adjustment issues.  Hopefully some quality playtime on the trampoline, just the two of us, will help to soothe his separation sadness.  Hi Ho Hi Ho- it's back to school they go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment