About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, March 07, 2016

Happy Birthday Scott


Today is a special day in our family because we are celebrating Scott's birthday. Although each birthday is special, this one I am trying to make especially memorable. Today my husband is turning 50!

If you were to meet Scott, it would be difficult to believe that he is now 50. He is aging well without the use of the expensive wrinkle creams that I frequently purchase out of desperation. Without even trying, he has only developed a few well-earned wrinkles and grey hairs. He manages to keep up with both Timmy and Robby, a task that would exhaust most men half his age.

Even though he neither looks nor acts his age, Scott is having a difficult time with this milestone birthday. I am walking on eggshells, trying to navigate the tender line between being celebratory while being supportive and understanding about his aversion to acknowledging that he is now 50. It isn't going to be easy, but I plan on making this a birthday to remember by declaring a week of celebrations.

Each day, starting last Friday, I surprise Scott with something that he loves. On Friday I spent the majority of my day cleaning and organizing his computer room. I transformed it from a wasteland of junk to a man-cave worthy of hosting friends. He was gobsmacked when he walked into the room and saw his new room.  Saturday I managed to secure his favorite cake, and yesterday I provided Robby with the funds to "treat" his Daddy to a special dinner. 

The surprises will continue until Thursday, but I don't want to reveal my plans now for fear of his reading this post.  Please join me in wishing my husband a very happy birthday. He deserves nothing but the best!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Scott! Looking forward to the unveiling of your birthday surprises!

    ReplyDelete